Roderick Wallace MacDonald and Mary Elizabeth Ormiston married in Nova Scotia, Canada in 1896 and moved to Park City that same year. Rod purchased a blacksmith business on the corner of Park Ave and Heber Ave just blocks from the house in 1902. Now as it was then, this area is the center of Old Town.
Rod was also an accomplished carpenter and later partnered with Clyde Paul and the pair contracted to build many houses and commerical buidings in Park City.
Rod and Mary lived in this home for many years. They appear in the 1920 census living here with their two daughters, 25 year old Myrna and 10 year old Frances. Myrna taught school in Park City. Both were involved in the Grand Lodge of Masons. Rod served as Utah’s Grand Standard bearer and Mary as Worthy Matron of the local Order of the Eastern Star. Active in the community, Rod served as Justice of the Peace and in 1925 was elected Mayor of Park City.